Sunday, October 11, 2009

{the prize of peace}

Let me start this post with an admission of being totally disinterested in politics and I know I can't participate in an intelligent arguement about politics because of that disinterest.  But, that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about it.  Here's my opinion, politics suck.  I DO NOT like confrontation and I don't like arguing.  Unless you happen to step into a circle filled with open minded people chances are that is just what you will get.  Confrontation and arguing, topped off with a little disrespect.  I won't argue.  Arguing is a waste of time and energy, especially with politics (religion, also, but that is a whole other post).  If somebody has an opinion regarding politics, most likely, you aren't going to change their mind.  Hence, waste of time, waste of energy.  No thank you.  Just because I have an opinion doesn't mean I am right even if I think I am right.  If you have an opinion, it doesn't mean you are right even if you think you are right.  BUT,  if you have an opinion, I can respect that.  If I have an opinion, I should receive the same respect.  See how it works?  People that talk politics need to agree to disagree. 

 

So, here is what brought politics to the forefront of my thoughts today.  A friend on Facebook just posted a news clip with Rachel Maddow about Obama's Nobel Peace Prize and something that she calls Obama Derangement Syndrome.  Here is what I had to say about it: 

 

You know I should care, but I just can't stand to listen to anything having to do with politics. I tried to watch all of this and it just made my skin crawl. It is all corrupt in some way, shape or form and to some degree. The masses will never be pleased.

 

I agree with the Derangement Syndrome. The Obama critics, and any president for that matter, will never be happy with anything that he does and will cheer at his defeats. I like what Tony had to say, you have to listen to the people in the middle.  I agree. The ones that don't support or oppose him. Most likely they are the most open minded of the population.

 

I'm really not close to being up to speed on Obama and will never pretend to be. But, seriously, the Nobel Peace Prize. Whatever. 

 

I personally just don't get the Obama thing.  I totally missed the part where he started walking on water and was anointed savior of all mankind.  But, that's just my opinion.  Please respect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment