Tuesday, December 7, 2010

{finding comfort in me}

This is just a "cut and paste" from my profile info on Facebook.  A friend told me this summer she loved what I wrote so I go back every now and then and see just what it was that I wrote.  Today was a good day to go back and read about me.  "I love comfort. I find it in many places."  As I read this I found that I have been seeking comfort in many of those places the past few days. It's good to be reminded of the things you write to briefly tell about yourself.  Thanks me, I needed that. 


About me, huh? I want to be strong, physically and mentally. I don't trust in myself, but want to. I love comfort. I find it in many places. My head on my husband's chest, a hug from a friend, a text, an online chat, a hot latte, a cottage, my back deck in the summertime, Milbank, SD, in the summer, my favorite desserts, my gym, my children's laughter. I don't always make the right choices. I don't always make the wrong choices. I love to see new places, but will never leave my mountains. I don't like the cold and snow. I wish I were more outgoing. I enjoy having a drink with a friend because I regret never having one with a friend that is now gone. I train hard and do what I can to perform well in the gym and get upset when people can't respect my decision to do so. I want to be happy every minute of every day. I love calm and still silence.


 My husband loves me like nobody else can. My kids teach me to be the person I want to be. My mom was the most beautiful person I have ever known. My dad is my hero. My sisters and I can laugh like nobody's business. My brother is the smartest person I know.


 CrossFit . . . Constantly Varied Functional Movements Executed at High Intensity. We specialize in not specializing. We train not to suck at life. General physical preparedness. CrossFit is for our children, grandparents, parents, elite athletes and everybody in between. We are changing lives one athlete at a time. We are building a community. Stong is the new sexy. 


"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."



~ Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment