Friday, January 21, 2011

{it's the little things...actually they're big}

I know some of my last few posts have been a little frustrating, gloomy, sad, etc. on my part.  I guess that's okay.  I'm going through a frustating, gloomy, sad roller coaster right now and I get to have those days and those blog post days.  But, today, right now I am feeling some calm.  I decided to skip my morning workout (don't worry, Coach, I will be in later!), I put on real clothes instead of my usual workout clothes (wearing a tight, skinny black top that makes me feel pretty damn good!), packed up my computer and I'm sitting at a coffee shop with my latte right by a window.  The sun isn't shining, but it is bright and the daylight at my side feels good.


Today for my post I am just going to share some random and favorite things I have recieved from my incredible support group of family and friends.  There are so many more than those that I copied here, but this is a start.  I've said this before, but we all know how amazing our friends and family are, but in the time of crisis and sadness people go above and beyond amazingness (I'm sure that's a word!).  So, behold, the amazingness of my loved ones! (In no particular order.)


"Most beautiful lady, so when thinking of you tonight, I opened my bible praying that I could find something more than just some "bible verse" for you--something that was meant for you to hear. I don't know why I'm always so shocked at how ...God works, because that is just how He works, but I thumbed my bible and here is where it landed . . . Matthew 8:7. Then, no joke, my fingers landed upon Jeremiah 30:17a.(and no, I didn't have these memorized, but I do now!) You will win. You are Trina Kick-Ass Vanorny--the one who makes me need a new pair of undies everytime Buf has me partner with you."


"Don’t give into fear and panic. It tears down your immune system."


"Faith, not fear"


"'...and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. ... We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I Survived.' From the novel Little Bee by Chris Cleave. I read this and thought this is for you my friend Trina! Be Strong:)"


"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But, I've bought a big bat, I'm already you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ....It's like a badass Dr. Seuss. :)


 



 


"Holy shit Trina."


"Trina the Dragon-slayer. You slay a dragon every time Buf says 3-2-1 Go! Some have been small, some have been large; this will be a huge dragon, but you'll slay it too. I will be praying for you, Tony and the kids. You have a group of people from the Crossfit Box alone that will rally for you. I'm sure the rest of the people you touch in the rest of your life feel the same way. I hope there isn't a day that goes by where you don't feel that from someone around you."


I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalms 34:4 ... Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27


 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but god is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26


"I just wanted to tell you that my heart is breaking and I wished that I could just hold you and tell  you that everything will be OK. "


"That's my girl - you will always stand up with it!"


"I do have to say it just hurts inside-that empty feeling-but I am sure what I feel is nothing compared to what you are and will be going thru-I just hope and pray everyday that in the end everything will be ok- lots of love and hugs and tears."


"I don't always say the right things, but know I pray for you every night."


 



 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHW1K2LeQXE


"MY SISTER HAS BAD ASS TA-TAS!!!!!!! If you love your bad ass ta-tas, feel 'em up!!!!! Save the ta-tas!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ (one heart for each of my sisters, my daughter, and my nieces!)"


"Stage zero should not even be a term! There is no "zero" about this. Your whole life is changing and that matters. If there IS a scale, this change is off the charts."


"I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick; I’m so mean I make medicine sick."


Isaiah 43:2-5 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze....Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you...Do not be afraid, for I am with you.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1JBSQMkQEo&ob=av2nm

1 comment:

  1. I found on my journey through the land of cancer that sometimes the things I thought were big were actually small...and sometimes the small stuff was big.

    ReplyDelete